Effective Date/last updated: 04-11-2019
Rediker Software, Inc. (“Rediker” or “we”) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information that we collect when you access and use our PlusPortals and the related mobile application provided by Rediker (collectively “Site”).
If you are a parent, you agree that this is acceptable for you as well as any of your children who use our PlusPortals or other online services. If you are a teacher, you agree that this is acceptable for you as well as any of your students who use our online services. By accessing, using, or visiting PlusPortals you acknowledge and understand that the collection, use, processing and sharing of your information is subject to this Policy and you consent to the Policy terms.
Changes to this Policy.
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. In the event we make material changes to the Policy, we will provide notice through the Site. Please note that changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site and will apply to your use of the Site after the “effective date” listed above. You understand and agree that by continuing to use the Site after the effective date the collection, use, and sharing of your information will be subject to the updated Policy.
Except to the extent we receive your authorization, or as permitted or required by applicable law, we will handle your information in accordance with the terms of the Policy in effect at the time of the collection.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, your privacy, or our policies in the event of a compromise of your information, you may contact us at: email@example.com
Information We Collect.
We may collect your personal information from a variety of sources to operate the Site, carry out our business, or comply with the law and other purposes we describe in this Policy.
Information you provide.
Through the Site we may collect information that you provide us, such as in the following circumstances:
Creating a user account or profile, or registering:
- Your name
- Email Address
- User name, password
Contacting or communicating with us.,
When you contact us, request information, report technical problems, respond to surveys or questionnaires, provide feedback, etc.:
- Your name
- Email Address
- Other personal information you voluntarily provide
- Uploading documents or completing forms or posting links, videos, photos, drawings, audio, etc. We may collect information contained in those uploads or postings.
Postings, discussion groups, bulletin boards, chat areas, forums, communities, etc. When you use a Site message or communication facility designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or within a group:
- Your name
- Email Address
- Other personal information you voluntarily provide
Using our online services, including accessing the PlusPortal or third party integrations:
- Your name
- Log in credentials, user name, password
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Username and or password
- Other personal information you voluntarily provide
Buying/Receiving Products or Services:
- Your name, user name, password
- Contact information
- Payment information (e.g. your payment card number, authentication information and other billing and account details)
- Marketing and communication preferences
- And other types of information that you choose to provide to us or that we may obtain about you.
You do not have to provide the information listed above to access or use the other sections of the Site.
Information from Third Parties.
We may collect personal information about you from third parties such as from your school or parent or other third-party sources that are lawfully entitled to share your data with us. We use and share this information (and may add it to the other information we have on file for you) for the purposes described in this Policy.
Information On Your Use.
To monitor utilization of the Site and continuously improve its quality, we may compile statistical information concerning the usage of the Site using analytics services, such as those provide by Google Analytics. Examples of this information would include: the number of visitors to the Site, or to sections or pages within the Site, patterns of traffic flowing through the Site, length of time spent on the Site, or in sections or pages of the Site, the other sites that refer visitors to the Site, the pages of the Site that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points, utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Site. The analytics services may transfer this information to third parties in case of a legal obligation or if a third party processes data on behalf of that service. To compile this information, we may collect and store:
- Your IP address
- Your operating system version
- Your browser version
- The pages you visit within the Site
- The length of time you spend on pages within the Site
- The site from which you linked to ours
- Search terms you used in search engines which resulted in you linking to the Site, etc.
Cookies and Similar Technology.
We use technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons to recognize you when you return to the Site, track user activity on the Site, and help us improve the quality of our service when you visit.
We do not link your URL or IP address to any personal information unless you have logged into our Site with an established user account or profile.
You may control cookies through your browser settings and other tools, including preventing or stopping the installation and storage of cookies. Please note that if you choose to do so, our Site may not function correctly. Please refer to the Help feature of your browser for more information on disabling cookies.
IMPORTANT: By using the Site, you consent to the processing of any personal data for the analytics purposes and functions described above.
Information on Children
Rediker, complies with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), and does not knowingly collect any information directly from anyone under 13 years of age. Our websites, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old. If you are a parent of a child under the age of 13 years old and believe your child has interacted with our Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Use Your Personal Information
In general, we will use the personal information we collect about you only for the purpose it was collected, for compatible purposes, as permitted or required by law, as necessary to carry out our contractual duties and obligations, and as otherwise provided in this Policy.
For example, we may use your data in the following ways:
- To register you or to create an account/user profile.
- To communicate with you.
- To identify you as a user in our system, in order to provide appropriate and authorized access and services.
- To support your school’s educational and data management objectives.
- To provide the products and services you have requested.
- To provide students, parents, teachers, and administrators with information and reports about student performance, activity, and use of the Site.
- To improve our customer service. (Your information helps us to more quickly and effectively respond to your customer service requests and technical support needs.)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature. (Again, participation is at your discretion.)
- For our research and development purposes to develop the Site and our services.
- To send you occasional opt-in communications about our products and services, available updates, company news etc.
- To market our products or services that we think may be of interest to you and ensuring your information is accurate.
- For other everyday business purposes such as payment processing, financial account management, product development, contract management, resolution of a technical difficulty, IT and website administration, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
- To protect, investigate and deter against misuse of the service, fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
Sharing Your Data.
In general, we will not disclose your personal information except with your consent and as described in this Policy. We may disclose your data for the same reasons that we may use it as described in this Policy, which includes disclosing it to our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties, as we deem necessary to carry out those purposes.
We may share your data as follows:
- With a student’s parent(s) or authorized individuals at the school. This may include individual usage information if your school requests such information to assist in the investigation of fraudulent, abusive or criminal activity, or any other use of a Rediker Software PlusPortals that violates your school's rules or policies.
- As Required By Your School. As part of their overall information management efforts, your school may request that we share or transfer certain personal information. For example, if your school uses a certain third party company to manage their special education data needs, necessary information may be securely shared electronically with that company to assist in those administrative tasks.
- With Third Party Vendors or Integrations.
- With your consent or as you direct.
- To manage the Site.
- To process payments and requests for products and services.
- To provide you with products, services, or offers.
- To enhance our services by, among other methods, obtaining assistance with providing more personalized services to you through analytics and other technologies.
- To protect our interests and legal rights, such as through responding to subpoenas and defending litigation.
- To protect against and prevent fraud, illegal activity (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile applications), and claims and other liabilities.
We endeavor to choose affiliates and non-affiliates with similar standards to ours regarding the protection of data.
- Legal Process, Security, Defense, Protection. It is possible that we may need to disclose information about you if required by law, subpoena, or other legal process. Additionally, we may disclose information about you if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Demonstrate our relationship with you.
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist law enforcement agencies.
- Protect the security or integrity of the Site.
- Investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party allegations or claims.
- Protect the rights and safety of others.
- Change in Control or Sale. We can share, sell, assign, or license your personal data in connection with certain business transactions, such as a sale, acquisitions, merger, or change in control, or in preparation for any of these events. In such cases, we will take appropriate steps under the circumstances and to the extent possible to ensure that the recipient agrees to provide privacy protections substantially similar to those established by this Policy. Any entity that acquires all or substantially all of the Company’s assets will have the right to continue using your data consistent with this Policy or as otherwise agreed to by you.
In no case will we sell or license your data to third parties, except as set forth above or as required or permitted by law.
How We Protect Your Information
Rediker strives to safeguard the personal information we collect and obtain through the Site. We take reasonable technical and organizational steps to keep personal data secure and to protect it against accidental loss or unlawful destruction, alteration, disclosure or access. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety and privacy of your data when you enter, submit or access your personal information online. For example, Rediker uses industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption to transfer private, personal information.
Data is stored and processed on secure servers located primarily in the United States. The data center containing your information meets the physical and electronic security requirements as set forth in Rediker’s Data Security and Privacy Policies, available on our website and/or in writing upon request. Such Data Security and Privacy Policies may be modified from time to time with notice to the user. Rediker complies with the provisions of 201 C.M.R. 17.00, and maintains a Written Information Security Program, which is available upon request. We are in compliance with California’s OPPA (Online Privacy Protection Act).
No system for safeguarding personal or other information is 100% secure and even though we have taken steps to protect your personal information from being intercepted, accessed, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our administrative, physical, or technical safeguards.
Do Not Track.
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. We do not process or respond to "Do Not Track" signals from your browser or other mechanisms that enable consumer choice regarding the collection of personal information about one's online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
We do not collect personally identifiable information about users’ online activities over time and across third-party websites.
Links to Third Parties’ Sites and Integrations.
We may provide links to websites or resources outside of our Site including third party integrations. You acknowledge and agree we are not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, goods, services or other materials on, available through, or provided by such sites or resources.
We are not responsible for the privacy or other practices of such sites and cannot guarantee the security of any of your personal information that you provide or is collected by such sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions on those linked sites.
Third Party Integrations.
Third party integrations are websites or platforms that synchronize with our Site to provide you with additional functionality, tools, or services.
The following is a list of third party integrations that we use on our Site:
- Follett: For linking to Follett's website to purchase books.
- Finalsite: For accessing PlusPortals and single sign on capability.
- FACTS: For tuition billing sign on.
- TeacherLists: For uploading teacher supply lists for students and parents.
- Google Calendar: For synchronizing school calendar.
- Google Drive: For uploading files from a Google Drive account.
- OneDrive: For uploading files from a OneDrive account.
- Google Analytics: For tracking traffic volume and page visits for research and product improvement.
Your Control and Choice
Parents are provided with online means to access, verify or update their personal/family demographic information. Options to further control our collection and use of your personal information include disabling cookies, unsubscribing to marketing emails from Rediker, and limiting the personal information you provide via our online services. You may also contact Rediker and/or your school to request, for example, that your personal information be deleted – subject to any mandated school data retention requirements.
Your school may use PlusPortals or its Rediker-hosted website for message posting or online discussion about issues important to your school community. Your school will decide how online forums and group pages are used, and whether they are available to students, but parents are responsible for their children’s use of them. All postings must be considered public not private communications. What is said on the Internet may be read by others, inside or outside of the school, without your knowledge. Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children online, and be sure that user names and passwords are never disclosed.
For California Residents
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by certain members of the Company to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Requests may be made one time per calendar year. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities). We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- If you are under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California law permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Transfer or Storage of Your Personal Data.
We generally store the personal information that you provide to us in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your personal information is submitted through our Site, it might be transferred to our servers in the United States which may not have similar data protection laws to the country in which you reside.
Rediker Software, Inc.
2 Wilbraham Road
Hampden, MA 01036